Friday, December 01, 2006


Spearhead - Positive

Positive
Spearhead & Michael Franti

Make me, make me sweat
till I'm wet, till I'm dry
but then wipe this tear from my eye
haven't felt this warm in a long time
even out in the bright sunshine
in a lifetime of springtime

I fall into your arms
with my heart pumpin' on
like a bubblin' dub treck
like a garlicy hot tongue and lip smack

I did some contemplation
before we got down to this consecration
maybe baby somethin in your kiss said
it was an impetous,
for me to re-think this.

If I love you,
then I better get tested
make sure we're protected

I walk through the park
dressed like a question mark
Hark!
I hear my memory bak
in the back of my brain,
makin' me insane ...
...like cocaine.

(chorus)
But how'm I gonna live my life if I'm positive?
Is it gonna be a negative?
How'm I gonna live my life if I'm positive?
Is it gonna be a negative?
but how'm I gonna live my life If I'm positive?

It dawned on me, it seemed to me
this is unusual scenery,
this red light greenery
make me feel kinda dreamery,
thinkin'how I used to be

Arrive at the clinic
walk through the front door
take a nervous number
then I think some more
about all the time
that I neglected
makin sure that
I was protected.

They took my blood
With an anonymous number
two weeks waitin' wonderin'

I shoulda done this a long time ago
alot of excuses why I couldn't go
I know these things and these things I must know
'Cause it's better to know than to not know!

(chorus)

I go home to kick it
in my apartment
I try to give myself
a risk assessment
the wait is what can really annoy ya
everyday's more paranoya

I'm readin' about how it's transmitted
some behavior I must admit it.
who I slept with, who they slept with,
who they, who they, who they slept with.

I think about life and immortality
what's the first thing I do if I'm H.I.V.
have a cry and tell my mother
get on the phone and call my past lovers
I never thought about infectin' anotha
all the times that I said "Hmm? Don't bother."

Was it really all that magic?
the times I didn't use a prophalactic
Would my whole life have to change?
or would my whole life remain the same?
sometimes it makes me wanna shout!
all these things too hard to think about
a day to laugh, a day to cry
a day to live and a day to die
'till I find out, I may wonder
but I'm not gonna live my life six feet under

(chorus)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How am I gonna live my life if I'm positive... a mensagem é transmitida num ritmo delicioso, faz vc pensar, cantar e dançar (ao mesmo tempo). Quem é o cara, Re??
bjs,
Cris

6:08 AM  
Blogger Regina said...

Cris,

O nome dele e' Michael Franti. Ele e' o lider da banda Spearhead e escreve musicas super politicas. Ele mora em San Francisco. Vale a pena dar uma checada. O que eu acho legal e' que ele usa rap e hip hop que sao populares com os jovens mas com letras inteligentes.

Beijos,

Regina

11:00 AM  
Blogger Regina said...

Cris,

Eu tb respondi o seu comentario no outro post sobre a anorexia. Por favor, de uma olhada.

Beijos,

Regina

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

É mesmo, Regina, letra bastante inteligente. E esta doença é uma luta, infelizmente, para tanta gente.
Beijos.

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obrigada, Regina.
Eu não li o artigo (do post abaixo), vou ler qdo tiver mais tempo.
Vou procurar saber mais da banda porque eu gostei muito da música.
bjs e boa semana!!
P.S. Chove sem parar na minha terra...

5:57 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, nike free, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, nike shoes, louboutin shoes, oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, air max, louis vuitton outlet stores, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, kate spade outlet, rolex watches, longchamp handbags, ray ban sunglasses, air max, cheap uggs, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, christian louboutin, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, ugg boots clearance, ugg outlet, gucci outlet, uggs outlet, louboutin, uggs

5:53 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

air max pas cher, ray ban pas cher, vans pas cher, nike roshe, sac hermes, nike air max, nike blazer, nike free pas cher, true religion outlet, coach factory outlet, coach purses, michael kors uk, sac burberry, true religion jeans, oakley pas cher, converse pas cher, air jordan, polo lacoste, louboutin, coach outlet, lululemon outlet online, hollister, longchamp, ralph lauren, michael kors, michael kors outlet, hollister, true religion jeans, north face, michael kors pas cher, air max, hogan outlet, sac guess, air max, abercrombie and fitch, vanessa bruno, nike free, north face, true religion outlet, timberland, mulberry, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run pas cher, coach outlet store online, nike air force, sac longchamp pas cher, nike tn, new balance pas cher, kate spade handbags, polo ralph lauren

5:59 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, nike huaraches, beats by dre, vans, nike trainers, chi flat iron, air max, mont blanc, ferragamo shoes, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, north face outlet, wedding dresses, oakley, vans shoes, instyler, louboutin, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, babyliss pro, new balance shoes, ralph lauren, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp, celine handbags, iphone cases, birkin bag, nfl jerseys, abercrombie, nike roshe run, converse shoes, lululemon outlet, baseball bats, timberland boots, ray ban, jimmy choo outlet, mac cosmetics, hollister clothing store, reebok outlet, insanity workout, hollister, north face jackets, soccer jerseys, herve leger, asics running shoes, gucci, converse, air max, giuseppe zanotti, p90x

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home